20 November 2009

YAY BPC!

Check this out!

I have worked for him over the last 2.5 years (and the dude quoted in the article was my teacher 4 years ago), and most of what I had learned about teaching, education, and the construction of knowledge in our society (prior to being in the SOE) was from him. He's pretty neat: check out his personal website.

BPC (maybe controversial in his words, my own paraphrase): "Teachers should not be clients of the student. Teachers are in the relationship building business."

2 comments:

  1. This man has obviously touched a LOT of lives over the years, and it's great that his influence resulted (at least in part) in your being here. Did you know that Pete Hasiakos, quoted in the article, is a MACer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!!!!! He was my SSG discussion leader for organic chemistry 1. He was (and I'm sure still is) basically awesome and super memorable. He (and a few of my classmates) went to one of my a cappela concerts that semester.

    ReplyDelete