26 January 2010

Semester 1= almost over!

I can't believe that this first (high school) semester is almost over. I feel like it was just the first (well, maybe third) day of school!

It's really quite amazing at the growth that I see in myself in the classroom. Biggest thing right now: classroom management. I kind of can't believe it, but I find myself taking away cell phones, giving detention (ok only once), and posing in such a way that students actually ask their peers to pay attention. Some of these things I'm more proud of than others, but it really makes me think HARD about how I plan to set up my own classroom policies and procedures...and how important it is to be CONSISTENT!!!!!

And for your daily dose of awesome comics, check this out.

2 comments:

  1. It also sounds like you've been able to convey a certain attitude, eh? Maybe something like you're being serious about what you're doing, and the students picking up on that? My sense is that once you are committed to what you're doing, consistency will follow naturally.
    Good for you, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way...except once I feel like I'm learning more about classroom management, the more I learn that...I have a lot to learn! Kinda cyclical... :)

    ReplyDelete